About Me

I was born and raised in Prince George, British Columbia. I graduated with honors from Kelly Road Secondary in 2013. In 2018 I graduated from the University of Northern British Columbia with a Bachelor of Arts.

I have worked with youth in a number of capacities. From 2013-2017 I coached minor hockey for the Prince George Minor Hockey Association. In 2014 I was named the volunteer of the year. I also coached hockey for the YMCA of Northern British Columbia from 2014-2017. In 2015 I started working for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Prince George, where I worked as a Child Care Assistant. In 2016 I became the Child Care Coordinator for Big Brothers Big Sisters. In this role I was the supervisor for multiple child care facilities. After leaving this position in 2017, I began to work as a Behaviour Interventionist with Sources Community Resource Society, where I worked one-on-one with children with Autism and other neurological disorders. In 2018, I moved to the lower mainland for the opportunity to work as the Summer Day Camp Director at the Langara Family YMCA, for the YMCA of Greater Vancouver. During my first two semesters of the Bachelor of Education Program, I returned to the YMCA of Northern British Columbia, working in a program called Beyond-the-Bell. This is a philanthropically funded program that offers academic support for children from families in a low income bracket. In summer 2019, I returned to my role with the Healthy Child Development management team, for the YMCA of Greater Vancouver, as the Summer Day Camp Director at the Langara Family YMCA.

I did my first practicum at College Heights Secondary School. I taught a period of Social Studies 8. During my time in this practicum, I had a lot of success with building positive, meaningful relationships with students, applying the theory from my coursework into practice, and adapting materials to create more inclusive learning environments for students with exceptionalities.

In April 2019 I was hired by School District No. 57 as an Uncertified Teacher Teaching on Call (TTUC). In this position I have had a wide exposure to a diverse range of roles and responsibilities. I have worked in support teacher, prep teacher and L.A. teacher roles. I have taught in classrooms in all elementary Grades (K-7), and have taught a number of high school subjects outside of my subject area, such as Careers 8, Foods 9, and Metal Works 12. I also had the opportunity to spend some time at the Centre for Learning Alternatives in an Alt. Ed. program.

As I finish my final year of the BEd program at UNBC, during the 2019/20 school year, I am committed to challenging myself to embody a teaching style authentic to who I am, further developing modes of assessment, and creating safe, inclusive learning environments for all.